Sunday, April 5, 2009

B737-800 Flight Simulator

Went to the Singapore Flyer 2 weeks ago, not to take the Flyer, but to experience what it is like to fly a Boeing 737-800 virtually, yes..virtually.

Went to Flight Experience to fly the simulator using a voucher which my gf got for me for my birthday last year. First time I actually 'fly' the plane when I've actually been into cockpits of Boeing 757-200 and the MD-11 but not flying...

Well, I flew the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur route which lasted 45mins or so, which is from Changi Airport (WSSS) to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (WMKK).


Introducing the B737-800 cockpit


Doing checklists prior to take-off
Throttle Quadrant control pedestal
Reviewing waypoint settings in the MFD (Multi-Function Display)

Cleared for take-off on runway 02L

Rolling down the runway, reaching V1 speed

Vr Speed, and rotation

positive climb out and retracting landing gears

setting the auto-pilot

Making sure the auto-pilot is working is part of the routine check during flight

Setting the navigation frequency for the ILS approach into WMKK

Setting the Speed/Mach for approach

Final adjustments with 1000ft to go to runway 32L

Touch down and activating thrust reversers

Rolling to a stop on the runway

Taxiing to gate

After taxi checklist prior to engine shut-down

My flight instructor and I

My gf and I in the cockpit

Thanks dear for the experience!